Monday, January 10, 2011

Experience #1 A Toast to the New Year

In true keeping with the predictability of my life, both experiences I planned to start the new years with were canceled. Not to worry though, I improvised with something else from my thirty-three item list. I’m also sure that the cancelations weren’t some divine intervention telling me that this list is impossible. I’ve rescheduled both and will mark them off my list soon.

Instead, I spent the day sharing a bottle of wine with a good friend and talking about all the things that have changed in the past few years of our lives. My drinking wine of any sort being one of those changes. Wine was one of those things that I never really gave much thought to. I got married at twenty, and it wasn’t legal or something I had any inclination to try. In college, I visited a winery in Covington, but I didn’t have any appreciation for its strong taste.

But as I was compiling this list, I realized that one of my biggest problems in the last decade was that I hadn’t tried new things to really figure out if I truly liked them or not. In the past when I’d been offered wine, I’d automatically respond that I didn’t drink it.

So recently, after much taste testing, I’ve decided that wine is not so bad. Especially when you share a glass or two with a good friend and realize that, though many things have changed, you’re okay with these changes, even happy about them. I can definitely drink a glass to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment