Monday, May 21, 2012

Beautiful Blogger Award

Thanks to my good friend Donna, http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com, my blog has been nominated for the “Beautiful Blogger” award. Her blog is homage to all things fitting a Southern Lady, and I’ve occasionally made an appearance within the stories. Being friends with a fellow writer is both thrilling and daunting. I always wait to see how our adventures will play out in her writing. Perspective is extremely important when reading about oneself.


The award includes the stipulation that I list five or so random things about me that you probably don’t know. (Of course this is difficult to come by if you read my blog. I do tend to say what’s on my mind regularly and expose all my flaws.) I’ll give it a try anyway.

1.       Patience is not one of my virtues. I do try (sometimes), but apparently it just isn’t in my genetic makeup. Everything needs to happen in my time and heaven help whoever slows the process down. I still attempt daily to have patience though.

2.       Messiness drives me crazy. I’m a fan of “everything in its place.” And everything has a place or I will find it one. Due to this one, I avoid my daughter’s room until just the thought of its messiness is too much, and then I spend the entire day trying to put everything back into its place (which contrary to what she believes, everything’s place is not the floor.)

3.       Music is my stress reliever. What can I say; with one and two, I need to have something to relieve the stress.

4.       I wear high heels every day which is what I’ve come to be known for, but most people don’t realize that I have just as many flip flops as heel (I’ll keep that exact number a secret.) I can either be found in one or the other, but never tennis shoes.

5.       I zone out…. Often. I maintain that my thoughts are ADD and focusing on one thing at a time is impossible for me. I have learned to drift in and out of a conversation and I have to assume I’ve picked up the right strain of the conversation when I return because chances are I will have just noticed your hair or shoes or some cool mannerism that I can add to a character in a later story.

But enough about me, I now have to bestow the award on a few other blogs.






1 comment:

  1. Yes, NEVER tennis shoes - not even when she walks - for exercise!

    ReplyDelete