Sunday, February 20, 2011

Experience #5 Too Much Information

So after the initial excitement of my psychic reading last month, anxiety set in. The psychic had told me what my life would be like in six months and even two years from now. But how I would get to all those great things from the point where I’m at right now? I have absolutely no idea, hence the anxiety. Therefore, I decided to move an item higher up on my list of experiences that I had planned to do later in the year.
I went have my tarot cards read. Having read my own tarot cards for years, I figured that I could have someone else do it and answer all those looming questions.

It sounded like a good idea at the time. Right, not exactly how it happened.

Just like I did when I chose my psychic, I did some research before I went to New Orleans. I didn’t want to end up behind the St. Louis Cathedral with some random person, so I discovered the Bottom of the Cup Tea Room, which appeared to have a reputation. There were several reviews of the shop, and it appeared legit.

When I made it to the front of the clouded windows and barred door and it was closed, I thought oh no, I’ll have to find somewhere else. A sign on the door said to go one block to St. Ann’s and look for the palm sign. So I walked the one block… and ended up behind the St. Louis Cathedral.

I nearly walked right pass Gina as I studied her palm sign. Did I really want to have a street psychic read my cards?

It was as if she sensed my doubt because in a moment of hesitation as I debated walking on, she made eye contact and motioned me over.

The street psychics were out in full force for the benefit of the Mardi Gras tourists, and she’d taken up her post with all the others to appeal to the masses. I still would have preferred the quieter shop.

She was running a special that day, so she threw in a palm reading and a crystal reading along with the tarot card reading I’d gone looking for.

She then proceeded to cure this obsession I have with knowing my future. I no longer wish to know. I’m over it.

Whereas I enjoyed the experience with psychic number one and felt some excitement, this one presented information that made me think and sometimes stutter aloud, no, that’s not possible. That will not happen. I would never let that happen.

Since many of the things the two psychics said were contradictory, I shall see which one is correct, for they both can’t be accurate. I know which one I’d cheer for at this point, but only time will tell. My tarot card reading caused more than a tad of anxiety and one moment of terrifying panic. It was enough to make me not want to revisit.

I will finally do what I should have done in the first place. I’m going to imagine what I want my future to be, and then each day I’m going to ask myself what would make me happy today and bring me closer to that image. Though the great predictions give me hope that what I’m trying to accomplish right now is possible, I still believe that we each make our own way. Good and bad things happen, and it’s how we choose to react in each situation that determines where we end up in the future. I’ll make my own choices and see if either of their predictions are correct., but it will be I who decides what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment